McKeon Group specialise in planning, managing and delivering detail-focused, high-quality projects for our clients. We operate across a range of sectors including commercial, hospitality, healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial, retail and education. Through discipline, experience, expertise and quality specialists, we work with our clients, their design and project teams to create, restore and develop the built environment. McKeon Group prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people from Senior Management to onsite staff. We pay great care and attention to our recruitment process to obtain the best talent and to ensure that all personnel fit and add to the Group’s ethos.
We now seek to recruit an experienced contracts manager for our expanding Mechanical Division.
Working in the commercial, public works, healthcare and education sectors, our mechanical division is established for eleven years. Our clients, such as UCD, RTE, the office of Public Works and HSE among many others, expect and receive, a project focused delivery with understanding and awareness of our client’s particular needs at all times.
Reporting to the Mechanical Division Director, this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team and to progress in a fast-moving environment with a long-established and respected group.
Reporting to Mechanical Division Director
Roles & Responsibilities
- Bid process management
- Management of contracts from tender stage to completion and handover, ensuring projects of the highest quality are delivered on time, according to specification and on budget
- Liaison and collaboration with external design team members, architects, PQS, consulting engineers and clients
- Project management operations including allocation of labour and scheduling of materials, liaising with subcontractors, suppliers and site foremen
- Manage all project financials, progress claims, valuations and submission of final account
- Assist Health & Safety Manager in ensuring all projects are delivered in accordance with our Health and Safety Procedures and Standards
- Provide Health and Safety leadership, by example, to our onsite teams of direct and sub-contract operatives
- 3rd Level Qualification (Technician Level or Higher) in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering. Trade qualifications, with significant experience and further technical qualifications will be considered
- Minimum 7 years experience in a similar role
- Excellent communication and IT skills required, including MS Office and MS Project. AutoCad and experience of Estimating Software would be an advantage to a potential candidate
- Possess strong planning, organisational and team work skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Have a high level of competency and accuracy in writing and maintaining clear and professional documentation
- Ability to build strong relationships with clients, staff and sub-contractors
- Should have the ability to work well in a team based environment
- Should be honest, flexible, reliable and quick thinking
McKeon Group Core Values
Starting from €70,000 DOE