Mechanical Junior Engineer
Mechanical Junior Engineer
McKeon Group specialise in planning, managing and delivering detail-focused, high-quality projects for our clients. We operate across a range of sectors including commercial, hospitality, healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial, retail and education. Through discipline, experience, expertise and quality specialists, we work with our clients, design and project teams to create, restore and develop new space in fine detail.
McKeon Group prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people. Great care and attention goes into recruitment to obtain the highest quality and experience and to ensure that all personnel fit and add to the Group’s ethos.
What’s the Opportunity?
We now seek to recruit a junior engineer for our expanding Mechanical Division.
Working in the commercial, public works, healthcare and education sectors, our mechanical division is established for eleven years. Our clients, such as UCD, RTE, the office of Public Works and HSE among many others, expect and receive a project-focused delivery with understanding and awareness of our client’s particular needs at all times.
Reporting to the Mechanical Contracts Manager, this is an excellent opportunity to join a dynamic team and to progress in a fast-moving environment with a long-established and respected group. Mentoring and further training will be provided for the right candidate.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintain pricing library for mechanical division.
- Assist with estimating mechanical services tenders.
- Assist Contracts Manager with project management duties including allocation of labour and scheduling of materials. Liaise with site foremen where required.
- Materials and equipment procurement and liaising with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Monitor project programmes and material delivery schedules.
- Prepare weekly job reports and maintenance of job folders.
- Assist with preparation of method statements for all aspects of mechanical works.
- Production & Mark up of CAD drawings for “As Built” or project drawings.
- Preparation of O&M Manuals.
Skills / Experience / Qualifications Required:
- 3rd Level Qualification (Technician Level Minimum) in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering. Trade qualifications, with experience and further technical qualifications will be considered.
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Good IT skills including use of Word, Excel, MS Project, etc.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience of estimating and associated software is an advantage.
- Should be flexible, hardworking and self-motivated with the ability to work well in a team-based environment.
Benefits of joining us in this Role:
- McKeon Group prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people and you will be joining a professional, warm, welcoming and enthusiastic team.
- Hybrid working options available.
- Great location - beat the commute to Dublin
- Pension Scheme
- Income Protection and Death in Service scheme.
- Membership of Employee Assistance Programme.
- Opportunity to progress within the Group.
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
Depends on Experience
McKeon Group Core Values