Junior Quantity Surveyor
Junior Quantity Surveyor
We are seeking an ambitious, self-motivated and enthusiastic individual with a qualification in Quantity Surveying to become part of the Mckeon Group Minor Works team. Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications.
The Minor Works division provides high volume, minor works construction contract services. Designed to meet our clients need for a high quality construction and fit out contractor to support their smaller alteration and installation projects. Minor Works are designed to rapidly mobilise and deliver with the people, systems, processes and supply chain in place of a larger construction, fit out and building services contractor. This service is key to our client’s business continuity and our trusted client relationships. We provide repeat project services to business in challenging environments to allow them to continue their development without interruption. With extensive experience in providing project construction, fit out, installation and building fabric maintenance services to both public and private clients in commercial, hospitality, healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial, production, retail and education sectors.
The successful candidate will work closely with and report to the Senior Qs in the division. This role would suit a recently qualified graduate. Mentoring will be provided and there is an opportunity to progress within the Company.
Level: Reporting to Senior QS
- Maintain Pricing Library
- Assist with tender submittals, working to tight deadlines
- Correspondence with clients/clients’ representatives
- Assist with drawing up quantities
- Assist with project management duties
- Support in the preparation of accurate forecasts of project costs to completion and final value
- Prepare monthly interim valuations with Senior QS
- Responsible for procuring sub-contracts and agreeing final accounts
- Prepare and approve monthly invoices from sub-contractors
- Responsible for preparing cost reports and cash flow forecasts as well as other duties assigned by the Senior QS
- Bsc. in Quantity Surveying or Construction Economics
- Ideally suited to a recently qualified graduate
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong IT Skills with and excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes and Pricing packages
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to manage multiple projects and priorities at once
- Should have the ability to work well in a team based environment
- Should be honest, flexible, reliable, friendly, confident and quick thinking. The role would suit an enthusiastic, hands on and business minded individual