McKeon Group specialise in planning, managing and delivering detail-focused, high-quality projects for our clients. We operate across a range of sectors including commercial, hospitality, healthcare, pharmaceutical, industrial, retail and education. Through discipline, experience, expertise and quality specialists, we work with our clients, design and project teams to create, restore and develop new space in fine detail.
McKeon Group prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people. Great care and attention goes into recruitment to obtain the highest quality and experience and to ensure that all personnel fit and add to the Group’s ethos.
We are currently seeking an ambitious, self-motivated, hard-working individual to become part of the Mckeon Group as a Procurement officer.
As a Procurement Officer, you will play an essential role in our operations, providing support across various business areas including procurement, accounts, Fleet & Tool Management . You will act as key support to the Procurement manager, and actively liaise with internal team members, external vendors, while also managing documentation and procurement schedules.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Procurement: Preparation and issue of purchase orders to various suppliers using our Procurement software package. Developing good working relationships with key suppliers to ensure enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Document Control : Act as key support to our accounts department to ensure delivery documentation from suppliers is processed in a timely manner using our procurement software package.
- Quotations & Tenders: Issuing of enquiries to various suppliers for materials, plant hire, tool purchase and new vehicle additions to our fleet. Reviewing quotes received and preparation of analysis for review with the procurement manager.
- Fleet Administrator: Take the lead as the administrator of our Fleet Management System and act as main point of contact for dealing with all Fleet queries.
- Tools & Equipment Administrator: Take the lead as the administrator of the Plant and Tools in the group including arranging servicing and tracking their locations and ensuring records are up to date in our Equipment management software.
Experience / Skills Required
- Minimum of 2 years' experience required in an administrative role.
- Third level qualification in business / construction related disciplines is desirable but not a requirement.
- Previous experience in the Construction Industry would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of building materials, products and services is desirable.
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office with Advanced Excel skills.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills.
All Candidates should have:
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work well in a team and liaise effectively with various departments.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities, proactive, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with the utmost discretion.
- Positive results-oriented approach.
- Excellent attention to detail is required.
- Should be an enthusiastic, self-starter who is motivated by providing excellent service and always looking for ways to improve.
- Should be honest, flexible, reliable, and quick thinking.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
Benefits of joining McKeon Group
- McKeon Group prides itself on its exceptional and motivated people and you will be joining a professional, warm, welcoming and enthusiastic team.
- Excellent opportunity to advance your career and progress within the Group
- Hybrid Working Options
- Pension Scheme
- Income Protection and Death in Service scheme
- Great location - beat the commute to Dublin
- Membership of Employee Assistance Programme
- Competitive salary based on experience and qualifications
Depending on Experience – Starting from €28,000 per annum
Head Office (Ashbourne), Remote Working, and Client sites occasionally.
McKeon Group Core Values