Based in Ashbourne, Co. Meath & established in 1950, McKeon Group has grown to become one of the leading names in Construction, Mechanical & Electrical Contracting in Ireland. Coupled with our international Technology brand Hereworks, we are a dynamic Group, looking forward to continuing on our growth plan.
McKeon Group’s Value proposition is ‘to proudly improve the buildings & user experience of our clients while caring for all stakeholders’, we bring peace of mind and a ‘can do’ attitude to all of our clients.
We live by our Core Values of Client Commitment, Integrity, Innovation, Quality & Accountability. All the team are committed to making McKeon Group a world leader in Construction & Technology and enjoying the journey along the way.
At McKeon Group we are constantly Learning & Adapting, we nurture a culture of Innovation right through the business. From Process Innovation internally to ‘Innovation as a Service’ to our clients, we never stop innovating. We have a rotating innovation committee setup to find the pains, blockers and process inefficiencies in everything we do.
McKeon Group now require the skills of a Newly Qualified Accountant to join our team.
The successful candidate’s primary responsibility will be the preparation of management accounts. He/She will report to the CFO and will work alongside our Senior Management Team.
The role would suit a highly motivated, quality focused individual with strong organisational skills who would like to beat the commute into Dublin
Duties will include
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for review by CFO
- Preparation of monthly variance analysis and review against forecasted and budgeted targets within tight deadlines
- Preparation and presentation of detailed cost analysis to the CFO and CEO on a monthly basis
- General ledger postings including recording of accruals and prepayments for month end close
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register including additions and disposals
- Active role in group reporting tasks
- Participation in the preparation of the annual budget & re-forecasting
- Review and update ERP system with job cost adjustments
- Work closely with all divisions to ensure that costs are challenged
- Key point of contact during annual year-end audit
- Preparation and submission of CSO returns
- Preparation and submission of bi-monthly VAT returns
- Active participation in ad-hoc projects
Experience / Skills Required
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- Practice training of at least 3 years
- A relevant third level business qualification or equivalent
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Audit, Process & Regulatory Compliance experience
- Possess excellent numeracy and analytical skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Excel training course desirable
- Experience in Job Cost Management an advantage
Attitudes & Behaviours
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks effectively
- Self-motivated and looking to progress in their professional career
- Ability to interact with all levels within the organisation
- Strong verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Advanced IT skills essential including an in-depth knowledge of Excel, Powerpoint, accounting & ERP Systems
- Deadline focused, results driven with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Should be honest, flexible, hardworking, able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Salary & Terms
- Salary will be negotiable depending on experience
- 12 month contract
- Immediate Start Available